1 Peter 3
Married woman should adjust themselves to the position of their husband. So that even if the husband does not obey the Word of God, he may be won without even a word being spoken, as he watches the pure, respectful way you live.
If you love somebody you do not have a problem giving up your own way for them. Of course, this goes both ways
The words submit means there is a place for each person in the marriage. The husband is responsible for the final decisions he makes. They are a team. The wife adjusts herself to this fact and the husband is to be gentle and humble. Both of the members of this team are surrendered to the leadership of Christ, and He gives them the power to do this if they allow Him by surrendering.
Who can resist when someone is deeply in love and would do anything for you? It touches your heart, no matter how hard your heart is.
3. Do not let your beauty be on the outside by making your hair or jewelry or clothing be the main things that people see in you.
This does not mean that women cannot comb their hair or wear jewelry. It is a warning to be careful that you do not make the way you look, the most important thing about you. Also, this means that Christian women who say that they can dress any way they want to can cause Christian men to stumble. See also1 Timothy 2:9 12.
4. But let it be that people can see the beauty of your gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the eyes of God
Modesty is the most important clothing. S ome women who are very good artists, and they can paint a beautiful face but it is a fake face. See also Proverbs 31.
5. This was the kind of beauty that the holy women in the old days had, as they trusted in God and adjusted themselves to their husbands
There is a balance, we need to remember that Sarah also said to Abraham, "You get rid of that other woman ! Genesis 21:10
6. Remember that Sarah obeyed Abraham and called him her lord and you will become her children as long as you do what is right and do not give in to fear.
We can understand this as not being afraid of what people will say when you respect your husband this way, or we can see this as not being afraid of what your husband might do.
See also Genesis 18:12.
7. In the same way you husband should try to understand your wives. Do not hide anything from each other. Live in an understanding way and treat them as someone who is physically weaker, but equal to you in the grace of life. If you do not do this you will find that it is impossible to pray together.
If a husband or wife keep secrets from each other they are giving an open door for the devil to fight against their prayers. Who else in the Bible had the devil coming against their prayers?
We do not just live together, we pray together.
See also 2 Corinthians 4:2, Daniel 10:12 13.
8. The main thing is that you should all be respecting each other's feelings with true love, being kind and humble in spirit
Love has good manners (1 Corinthians 13:5). Good manners always makes everyone feel comfortable.
Even a flood cannot stop love. Song 8:7
9. Do not pay back someone who has done you wrong, by doing something to them. Do not insult someone who insults you, but pay them back with good because this is what you are called to do -so that you will inherit a blessing.
Love is the only thing that conquers hate. Revenge belongs to God (Romans 12:19).
Blessing your enemy frees you from your bad feelings by turning them over to God. Peter was told to do this seventy times seven. Matthew 18:22
The reason we bless our enemies is because that is the only thing that is going to change them. Matthew 5:44
A soft answer turns away anger, but an angry word brings more anger. Proverbs 15:1
The north wind brings forth rain, and a grieved look turns away anger. Proverbs 25:23
10. He who makes the decision to love life and see good days, let him stop himself from speaking evil and his lips from deceiving people.
Do not go looking for trouble. The best way to have a happy useful life is to keep from saying anything evil and always be ready to overcome evil with good
The prudent sees the evil and hides himself, but the foolish go on, and are punished for it. Proverbs 22:3, Psalm 34:12-13.
11. Let him turn away from evil and do what is good. Let him look for ways to bring peace.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Matthew 5:9, Psalm 34:14
12. The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are listening to their prayers but the face of the Lord is against those who plan to do evil
For the eyes of the LORD move back-and-forth through the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His. 2 Chronicles 16:9
See Psalm 34:15-16, Acts 5:41 Matthew 5:11 12
13. It is not likely that someone will hurt you for doing what is good.
Who can harm you? The only danger you you are in is if you invite the enemy into your life.
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? will trouble, or worry, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? Romans 8:35
14. But even if that happens, then you are suffering for what is right. You are blessed, as Isaiah said, Do not be afraid of their threats. Do not worry about it."
Do not fear what they fear, nor be in fear. Isaiah 8:12
Peter is not preaching something he did not practice -and many Jewish priests got saved as they watched his life.
A great many of the priests were becoming obedient to the faith. Acts 6:7
15. Set Christ apart from the rest of the world. Be ready to give a quiet, respectful answer to any man who wants to understand why you are so confident in your faith in Christ.
If He controls our lives we will always have an answer (Mark 13:11). A good conscience will give us peace when people accuse us falsely.
If you do not have an answer right now, stop and get one ready! Write down your testimony. Explain what Christ means to you. Explain what the Gospel really is (Romans 10:9). Another idea would be to write down your testimony and give it to someone. Tell them you are praying for them and that you felt like God wanted you to give this paper to them. You cannot give what you do not have.
See also 2 Timothy 2:24 Colossians 4:6.
16. Make sure your conscience is clear, so that if people do say evil things against you they will be ashamed of themselves.
Speaking the truth in love does not mean telling the truth in a way that hurts (Ephesians 4:15).
17. It is God's will that if you suffer, it is better to suffer for doing what is right than for doing wrong.
If you suffer for evil doing, you asked for it.
Anyone who thinks he can do whatever he wants -argues w ith everybody. Proverbs 18:1
18. Remember Christ was clear before God, but He suffered to make us clear before God. It meant the death of His body but He was brought to life again in the Spirit.
The cross put away our sin, which had separated us from God. Some of the things that we suffer when we stumbl,e are used by God to burn our fingers real good so that we will want no more of those ways.
He that has suffered in the flesh has turned away from sin. 1 Peter 4:1
19. Then he announced his victory to the evil spirits who had rebelled against God in the days of Noah.
There are many different ideas about these verses, but the most important thing is that the devil is defeated and we can be free. Jesus did not preach the Gospel to people waiting in hell but announced His victory over the devil.
Another way of looking at this is to see that the Holy Spirit, preached to the people who were watching Noah build the ark.
20. During Noah's day, God was patient while he built the ark and only eight people were saved from the flood.
Some people say that Genesis 6:3 means that God is patiently telling Noah that He will give men 120 more years before the flood comes.
Then the LORD said, My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years. Genesis 6:3
The water did not save Noah -the ark saved him.
21. That water was a symbol of the water of baptism that saves you. Not just being put under the water, but a clear conscience towards God which we have because of Christ rising from the dead.
Baptism is not about the water, but the heart. Unbelievers do not have a clear conscience and baptism does not give you a clear conscience.
Peter is saying that in the same way that Noah obeyed God, we are saved when we obey God, and the symbol of baptism does not save us but shows our obedience.
22. Jesus now sits at God's right hand in heaven with all angels and rulers and powers under Him.
All authority is given to Me in heaven and earth" Matthew 28:18