1 Thessalonians 1
2. We are always thankful to God as we pray for you.
As you get older, you will find out that consistent prayer is where the power is.
3. We will never forget the work of faith in your love and the hope that you have in the Lord Jesus Christ, before the Father.
Take a look at other Scriptures that link faith, hope and love together: 1 Corinthians 13:13, 1 Thessalonians 5:8
Notice that the church of Ephesus was also working but their love was not complete. Revelation 2:2 – 5
4. We know that God not only loves you, but has a special job for you
God did not save us so that we can sit and wait until the day Christ returns. We were put on this earth to do a specific job that we were called to do.
5. Our message did not come to you only as words, but in power, and in the Holy Spirit, and with confidence. You know what kind of men we were when we lived among you.
Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD of hosts. Zechariah 4:6
6. You made a decision to live the same way that the Lord lived, and as we are living. You received God's Word with joy from the Holy Spirit, even in during a time of trouble.
Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ. 1 Corinthians 11:1. The trouble that Paul is talking about is found in Acts 17:5-9.
7 – 8
This shows the power of our first love. This church had barely just started and people all over Greece were talking about it. The only way this could happen is because the people were sincere and were walking carefully in the things that they had been taught.
We need to remember that each idol had a spirit behind it. When we allow anger, evil images, immorality, and other evil things, we are opening ourselves to the same spirits that were behind those same idols.
10. They also tell us how you look forward to the coming of God's Son from heaven, Jesus, whom God raised from the dead, and who has delivered us from the wrath which is coming
This is speaking of the great tribulation But we will not be there.